Thursday, March 21, 2013

Writing Exercise

Today's writing exercise comes from Judy Reeves' book A Writer's Book of Days. If you don't have this book and you are trying to commit yourself to writing everyday, I highly recommend investing in it since it has a writing exercise for every day of the year and it has all kinds of little tips and tidbits for writers. It's a little overwhelming, in fact, but you will never have an excuse to not pick up a pen. She usually only offers a phrase, a quote, or even just a few words, but it has always been enough to get me going when I need a head start.The idea is to freewrite as soon as you see the next three words so get ready. Set.

A single bed.

10 minutes later...I hope you have something cool to start with. If not, at least your mind is on the write track (oh puns we love you). I'm leaving you with a youtube clip because this song has been stuck in my head all week and it's a great song. If you don't like The Beatles or any adaptation of The Beatles, I completely understand.

Until later,

Pen Your Brain

No comments:

Post a Comment